Dr. William Koenig, board certified plastic surgeon, has performed over 1,000 breast augmentation procedures in Rochester over the past 8 years.
Learn more about breast augmentation with Dr. Koenig or view his before and after gallery.
Your breasts are unique. And so are you feelings about them. All breasts are composed of milk ducts, glands, fatty tissue and a thin layer of soft skin, but their size and shape reflect your individual body type. While some women are happy with their breasts, others are dissatisfied and look to make them better. If you are one of these women, breast augmentation surgery is a consideration for you. Luckily, there have never been more breast implant options to choose from to help you get the One Right Result you deserve.
You and Breast Augmentation Surgery
Women explore breast enhancement for many reasons. Your reasons may be unique to you to you or similar to others considering breast augmentation surgery. You may have a desire for more proportioned breasts, to return to your pre-pregnancy shape, or simply just to turn back the clock. Today, whatever your personal reasons for surgery, there's One Right Result that will reflect the unique characteristics of your body (size, shape and tissue characteristics) and goals of surgery. That One Right Result comes from an experience that does not change you, but takes the best of you and makes it better.
Surgeons believe that to be a good candidate for breast implant surgery you must demonstrate three important characteristics:
- A desire to educate yourself about the specific shape, size and style of breast implant that is best for your body type and physical characteristics.
- An internal motivation to do this for yourself, instead of a loved one or other outside influences.
- Most importantly, to have realistic expectations for your breast augmentation surgery.
Make your best even better
- Educate Yourself: Take the time to become informed. For many women, that process begins with asking friends and family who have experienced breast augmentation surgery. Another excellent information source is the Internet. However, your breast implant surgeon is your most valuable educational resource. Trust their expertise to provide you with the information you need to understand the risks and benefits associated with breast implants and breast augmentation surgery, as well as the limitations that may exist due to the characteristics of your body. Respecting these limitations will help to ensure a safe and lasting result.
- Do it for You: Your personal motivation for breast augmentation surgery is one of the most important considerations in your decision-making process. You are the person who will be undergoing breast augmentation surgery and experiencing a significant change in your body, so spend some time evaluating why you believe surgery is right for you. Plastic Surgeons who use INAMED Silicone-Filled Breast Implants have tools that will help you understand the process and what to expect from surgery. Once you've carefully considered all the factors and talked with your plastic surgeon, you should be able to establish whether or not breast implantation is the right option for you to fulfill your goals.
- Bring Realistic Expectations: Every woman wants to feel great about herself. And while there are many reasons to enhance the size or shape of your breasts, you must remember that no two people are exactly alike. Your One Right Result is one that fits your body type and meets your goals. That's why it's important to talk honestly with your plastic surgeon about your expectations for breast augmentation surgery.
How can you be sure you'll get your One Right Result with your breast augmentation?
Today, Allergan makes sure that women considering breast augmentation surgery have more options than ever before. While you were once limited to saline breast implants, you may now decide that silicone gel-filled breast implants are the best way to increase your breast size. With Allergan, you have the wide array of breast implant options that make it easy for your plastic surgeon to provide you with the One Right Result you're looking for.
What does the One Right Result mean for you?
Everyone's body is different. Even the smallest differences are important when it comes to selecting the right kind of breast implant. Before your plastic surgeon recommends a breast implant, they will measure your breasts and evaluate your skin and tissue characteristics to help guide their decision. These measurements are the starting point for getting you the One Right Result you want for breast augmentation. Your plastic surgeon may consider:
· The symmetry of your breasts
· The width of your breasts
· Your skin and tissue characteristics
· The location of the incision and the breast implant
· Your goals and desires for breast augmentation surgery
Careful preoperative planning is important because a breast implant that is too large for your tissue can result in excessive stretching of the skin and contribute to the need for future corrective surgeries. In addition, the implant edges may be apparent or visible under the skin. Also, excessively large breast implants may speed up the effects of gravity and result in earlier drooping or sagging. Once the breast tissue is damaged like this, your plastic surgeon may be able to reverse the damage.
Continue Reading about Breast Augmentation:
Part 2: Breast Augmentation Guide: Breast Implant Selection Guide
Part 3: Breast Augmentation Guide: Communicating with Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
Part 4: Breast Augmentation Guide: Factors to Consider when Choosing Breast Implants